Monday 20 May 2013

Newborn baby photography in Central London / Wapping baby photographer









While in the past my experience as a baby photographer in London was enjoyable, now that I’m a mom myself I love photographing newborn babies. I’m so happy that besides being a wedding photographer in London I’m now also a baby photographer in London! Newborn baby photography is challenging, but it’s so amazing to hold those little bundles that are just so adorable.
Very often parents do not think about newborn baby photography until the baby is born and by then it’s often too late for those gorgeous photos of the curled up baby. So a big advice to anybody planning baby photography in London is to schedule the newborn photo session prior to the baby’s birth to ensure that I (or any other photographer you hire) am available.
When I speak with the expecting parents I always ask them to contact me as soon as the baby arrives as I do need at least couple of days’ notice. Newborn photos take place within the first 14 days after the baby is born. However, best results are achieved when the baby is between 3-7 days old as they are sleepy enough to allow to be moved around easily in different positions. After day 14, it’s almost impossible to get baby into that deep sleep nor put them into the curled newborn poses as they start to stretch a lot.
I offer baby photography in Central London and East London either in the client’s house or at my place where I have big windows and a lot of natural light. I found natural light is always much more flattering whether you are a baby or a model but also a home environment where you can put the heating up is much more relaxing than a big studio that may be less well heated.
An important tip before the newborn photoshoot is for the baby to be tired so he can go to a deep sleep once we start shooting so my advice is to keep the baby awake for as long as possible before the baby photo session. And a nice big feed just before the newborn photos will be the best completion for having a happily sleepy baby for a newborn baby photography session.
I have a collection of props including baskets, blankets, knit hats and headbands that I use during a newborn photography in London. However I always encourage clients to include in the photos any props they may have in order to make the images unique. Although I’ve been a newborn baby photographer in London for some time and I have plenty of ideas for newborn baby photos I always welcome ideas, suggestions or requests from parents and I’ll do my best to provide the results. 

For further information about London newborn baby  photography shoot and to view our portfolio of London maternity photography, baby photography, children  photography and family photography please visit www.NeliPrahova.com or contact Neli on nprahova@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment